Friday, January 1, 2016

My 2016 Quilting Goals

My 2016 quilting goals are pretty lofty, considering the amount of quilting time I have available!  But here's the list:

1.  Quilt the Christmas Scrappy Trips Quilt top.  This one is from last fall, but I didn't get it quilted in time for Christmas.

2.  Quilt the Road Trip Quilt Top.  This one is an oldie, but a goodie.    HERE is a post showing the quilt top.

3.  Make a Sunbonnet Sue baby quilt for the baby girl my step-daughter is expecting in April.  I have bought some pastel 30s reproduction fabric for this.  I found a pattern in one of my quilt books and my inspiration can be found HERE.

4.  I would like to make twin size quilts for all five of my grandsons.  I do not have to make them all this year, just for the oldest three.  The other two are still babies (18 months), so their's can wait a year or so.

5.  Hand quilt the "Giant Stars" quilt top that my grandmother made.  This one will be for my son.  You may remember that I hand quilted another one of my grandmother's quilt tops, which I gave to my daughter.  You can see it HERE.

5.  Start a leaders and enders quilt of some kind to work on all year.

BUT, before I can work on any of these projects, I am going to organize and clean my sewing room.  Its a disaster!  That's one part of my 2016 New Year's organizing goals.


2 comments:

Little Penpen said...

I haven't made a list, but I do hope to get into my 'sewing room' soon. Since the move, my area really hasn't been set up properly. I want to make my grandsons a new quilt this year too. They are still cuddling under their baby quilts, which is more of a problem for #2, than #1, as his quilt was smaller. I do love the inspiration quilt for your Sunbonnet Sue. Those colors just make me happy!!!

Auntie M said...

Debbie,

Mama made a Sunbonnet Sue bedspread for me decades ago. If I can find it, it is very worn, but would love to find something in it you might incorporate into Mary
Beth's little girl's quilt. I will look hard!!

Marjorie