Thursday, March 21, 2013

A Small Quilt Finish - Louise

Louise

I finished that little bit of binding shown on yesterday's post and then put this small quilt on the table where our daughters' wedding portraits are displayed.

 
I like to name my quilts, but its hard to think of names for a small quilt like this. They finish up so fast that there's no time to bond with it, if you know what I mean!

So after pondering this for a while I decided I would name the small quilts I make after deceased or elderly loved ones or Biblical characters.  So this quilt is named Louise, after my mother's oldest sister.   I was named after Aunt Louise.  She died many years ago and I barely remember her.

9 comments:

Betty Lou said...

What a nice idea for a sweet little quilt.

Little Penpen said...

Louise is very pretty and looks great under your angels.

Auntie M said...

GOOD IDEA, DEBORAH LOUISE.

Impera Magna said...

What a good place for your mini quilt.. it looks great on that table!

I think Louise is the perfect name for it...

Susan said...

I love this little quilt and your method of naming them! I can think of so many relatives I'd love to name quilts for - I just love that idea! This one looks great with the table and pictures.

Nicole said...

Isn't it great how quickly little quilts come together?!? Congrats on finishing up Louise!

Britt G. said...

What a nice little quilt. Little projects can be so satisfying - they remind our hands and mind that we can finish things! Great Finish!

Unknown said...

After finishing a mini quilt this week, I am bound (pun intended) and determined to make several more soon! The satisfaction of finishing something in a reasonable amount of time is wonderful, isn't it?

I like the muted colors and simple pattern in your quilt.

p.s. Don't miss out on the giveaway this week on my blog, if you're interested!
www.aquiltisahug.blogspot.com

Snowcatcher said...

I had never thought of using a mini quilt as a centerpiece. What a terrific idea. I love the wedding theme of the setting, too.