Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Graduation Quilt

I finished putting the binding on the Graduation Quilt last night and took advantage of a warm sunny late afternoon to do another quilt photo shoot.


I am really pleased with how it turned out.


When you use repurposed shirts for some of the fabric in a quilt, it really designs itself!


For the borders I just matched up some fabric with a couple of the colors of the shirts. In this case the red and yellow ones.


Its time to start planning my next quilt!

10 comments:

Gina Loomis said...

Gorgeous!!!!

Betty Lou said...

Beautiful and just in time for graduation. Very nice.

Rita said...

So pretty! You have more talent in your little finger than I have in my whole body. I love the colors, love the design. Just wonderful! It makes me happy just to look at them.

Impera Magna said...

Beautiful...just beautiful! Congratulations on a great finish... and onward to your next project!!!

Little Penpen said...

Debbie, it 's beautiful. Your photo shoot was great; love seeing the tractor tracks in the field behind the quilt.

Auntie M said...

How absolutely stunning and gorgeous. It is "male", as well. Now, you must let me know what Uncle "T" and I can give the young man to supplement this wonderful gift.

Pieces of Cotton said...

Very nice. I got my own idea for repurposing shirts from your blog: http://piecesofcotton.blogspot.com/2012/03/you-would-think-after-getting-brand.html

Deanna said...

Lovely! Your imagination and skill on this quilt are inspiring.

Kathryn D. Duke said...

it really is pretty and I always love the way you photograph in your yard...love the tractor tracks in the background of the first photo!!!

Lonci said...

Really stunning, i love this:))