Sunday, November 25, 2012

Zoology Baby Quilt

Life has slowed down a little bit for me.  The loss of my dear Mama and my hubby's knee replacement surgery are behind us.  The healing from both of these events is still in progress.... 

But since I had a 4 day weekend off from work, I got busy finishing up the baby quilt I was making for my step-grandson who is supposed to come in January.

A baby shower is planned for next weekend, so this will be my gift for Baby Walt.




Before binding the quilt on a sunny morning:


Turkey basting wasn't the only kind of basting going on Thanksgiving morning.  I was pin basting the quilt while the turkey was roasting.


 I started quilting it Thanksgiving afternoon.


The back:


A tiny heart.  I Wonder if Baby Walt will notice the heart when he is a little older and is cuddling with this quilt?


From my heart to yours, Baby Walt.

5 comments:

Little Penpen said...

I hope he finds the heart on his quilt. It will let him know that it was made with love. I have laminate floors in my kitchen and the pattern repeats itself throughout. I love it when my eyes fall on a 'heart' shape in the floor. I don't know if anyone else in my house has ever seen them, but it makes me smile.

Kathryn D. Duke said...

Oh it is so very cute and I love the fabric!! What a fun surprise with the heart too...

Sorry about your hubby's knee...I know men can be kinda difficult when not up to par.

Betty Lou said...

So sorry to hear about your mother, I must have missed that information in your blog. Baby Wait will love his quilt and his grandmother even more for making it for him, he is sure to find the heart.

beth said...

Including that little heart was the perfect touch!

Jenniffier said...

The quilt looks wonderful. Sorry to hear about your loss and I hope your hubby feels better soon.