Thursday, December 26, 2013

Winds of Change - Finished

I finished the Buckeye Beauty/Jewel Box quilt just in time to sleep under it on Christmas Eve!  Quilting those swirls was very time consuming, but I stuck with it until it was done.


I have been trying to think of a name for this quilt.  The swirls remind me of wind blowing and I finished it just in time for a new year which usually means change.  So "Winds of Change" it is.....


It was a very cold and cloudy day when I took these pictures.  But, the wind was light, which helped with the picture taking.



 
 
 
Here's the scrappy back:


11 comments:

Dasha said...

Lovely! Pretty jewel colours and great quilting too. Well done.

Auntie M said...

I am amazed at your tenacity - as well as your creativity!!! This is a lovely quilt.

Little Penpen said...

Beautiful!!

Kathryn D. Duke said...

Really pretty and one day I am going to,remember to finish the backing like yours !!!!

Kat said...

I love that quilting! Great finish!

a maidenhair fern said...

I love your Jewel Quilt. I've had it on my "to do" list. And the cloudy day made for some beautiful deep colors in your pictures. Congrats on a nice finish.

Marla aka YaYa said...

You have inspired me. Thanks

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

What a beautiful quilt! Congratulations!

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...

Your quilt is beautiful! Love the bright happy colors! Great quilting design!

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

Some day I hope to make a scrappy quilt as beautiful as this. It's absolutely stunning.

Kelli said...

This is so very beautiful. I bet you slept good underneath it. How could you not? :) So lovely.