Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Gentlemen's Quarters Remake Progress

Its WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

Here's my progress on the Gentlemen's Quarters Remake. I deconstructed 3 of the shirts so far and cut as many 5 1/2 inch squares as I could from each.



From each shirt I was able to get 32, more or less, squares. I am saving the seams and button plackets for use in the garden for tying up tomatoes, flowers, etc. I cut out a few sets of squares for the Cheddar Bow Ties leaders and enders project. The other pieces that aren't quite big enough for the squares are going into a baggie for a string quilt to be made "some day".



This quilt will be similar to the below quilt. I'm not sure if I will alternate tan or muslin squares with the shirt fabrics or just use the shirt fabrics for the squares. I think I will have plenty of shirt fabric squares, but alternating with another color might add that extra touch I am looking for.

In this one I alternated the plaid squares with denim squares.

8 comments:

Erika :: Ollie & Olina said...

That will look nice. Those boys always need quilts too!

Auntie M said...

Justin will love this quilt. And, he will appreciate your care and thoughtfulness in making it.

Impera Magna said...

I like the quilt pattern and love that you're using repurposed fabrics... it's gonna look great!

Latane Barton said...

Oh, I like that. He's sure to love it.

Teresa F. said...

Great idea to use old shirts. The quilt turned out great. The boys will love it.

Deanna said...

It is looking good already. And you are certainly being efficient with the fabric.

Michelle said...

I like, very much !!

sara said...

What a great use of shirts, I would love to make a quilt like this for OH, I know he would love it........you do make wonderful quilts Debbie. x