Saturday, March 26, 2016

Scrappy Saturday

I decided to do a 36 patch quilt using my two and one half inch scrap squares, as a leaders and enders project.  Each 12 inch square (finished) will be made from a different color and so I realized I could use this project toward the scrappy color of the month at the So Scrappy Blog.  This month was purple, so here's a purple block.  I'm a little late to the party, so one purple block is all I got done for March.  



I'm not sure what color will be used in April, but I have made a pink block....


And started on a green block.


Here are my last four Splendid Sampler Blocks, which are being made mostly from scraps too.






Two of my grandsons and I decorated Easter eggs today and here is one of Eli's eggs.


Happy Easter everyone!

7 comments:

Little Penpen said...

Happy Easter! I'm noticing more and more of the splendid sampler blocks on instagram. Fun to see! I really like the block with the embroidered (?) flower in the middle and the little cherry pit sign. Adorable! No egg dyeing here... but I Have eaten way too many Reese's eggs. ;)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Welcome to the RSC party. Better late than never!!!

scraphappy said...

Happy Easter. Looks like you are off to a great start.

PaulaB quilts said...

Glad you are joining in with the RSC16. Those blocks are very colorful and my favorite square size, not tiny. I like the fabric in your green SS block. I look forward to seeing more of your projects.

Auntie M said...

Debbie, you are amazing! Each one is lovely.

Katie Z. said...

Welcome to the party! I'll have to nose around a bit to get to know you.

Sheila said...

Beautiful blocks. I like your sewing machine. Hope you had a nice Easter, dear.